The City of South Padre Island will have their annual Holiday Parade on December 12, 2014. It will run from Mars to Red Snapper on Padre Boulevard starting at 6:00 PM. This year Gary Meschi will act as Grand Marshal for the parade. Meschi’s commitment to invest his resources in the South Padre and Port Isabel area and to provide much needed g oods and grocery services has been instrumental to our area’s ability to attract residents, visitors and other businesses during the years of early development as a tourism destination. Meschi’s continued presence as the only grocery store on South Padre I sland provides shoppers with convenience, has a significant economic impact for South Padre, and the store serve s as the heart of our city for i sland visitors and residents. Meschi says, in his opinion, “the two most significant events impacting the busine ss economy of the Lower Rio Grande Valley and his business were the construction of the Queen Isabella Causeway and the arrival of Southwest Airlines in Harlingen”.
- So much fun going on with the SPI Parks and Recreation Dept. Come and join us or make your own fun! Contact us... fb.me/3HN6851CC 1 day ago
- fb.me/9eJaqirZe 1 week ago
- Channel 23 interviewed our Mayor Dennis Stahl! If you missed it earlier, click the link below to watch! fb.me/947i1GzfA 1 week ago
- Tomorrow, Dec. 5 at 9 a.m. join us for "Yoga for Veterans" at the SPI Community Center. This was supposed to... fb.me/4jgwU8q7l 1 week ago
- Today at the SPI Community Center from 4-5 p.m. join us for "Recycling on SPI". Learn about our recycling program... fb.me/9hzytfv6v 1 week ago
- fb.me/MoWdoplx 1 week ago